Teaching With Soul is about IMET: Inspire, Mentor & Equip teachers… to “teach with soul”. It’s a place to support and mentor new teachers in solving issues that are specific to their needs.
Here, you’ll receive tips, resources, ideas and inspiration on how to get through those first years of teaching. New and pre-service teachers are invited to connect here and share that sense of community that is so important in our education practice.
Lisa Dabbs is a wife and Mom. She started her career as an elementary school teacher in Southern California. In this role as teacher, she assisted with a grant project and became the Project Director of a Language and Literacy program. Soon after she was called to serve as an elementary school principal, and did that for 14 years.
During that time she recruited, hired, trained and mentored over 200 new and veteran teachers at her school sites. She watched their failures as well as coached them to success. As an admin the most significant aspect she observed in their journey was the power that mentorship brings to creating a successful teaching career. As a result, she’s passionately committed to the mission that no teacher, should have to go through their teaching days alone.
In 2009 Lisa became an Educational Consultant. Here’s some of what she does in this work:
- Consulting and Speaking at school districts on New Teacher Support
- BAM Radio show Host:New Teacher Chat Radio
- Hack Learning Team Author and Presenter
- Periscope Devotee at Teachwithsoul
- Social Media for @TenMarks
- Amazon Education Thought Leader
- Resident Blogger at Edutopia.org
- Blogger at Voxer.com
- Corwin Press Author: Standing in the Gap: Connecting New Teachers to Connected Resources
- Presenter at conferences including: ASCD, ISTE, CUE and Orange County Reading Association
- Webinar presenter for Edweb, Follet, ASCD, Simple K12, Ericson Institute and Laura Candler
- Adjunct Professor at University of La Verne
Some of her past work includes:
- Social Media Support for iThinkWrite.com
- Director of Business Development for Edtech Teacher
- Facilitator/Social Media Team at Edutopia.org
- Blogger for KidsDiscover.com and Remind
- Guest blogger for SmartBlog and Huffington Post Education
- Marketing Team Representative for EduPad.com
- Coach/Consultant for Kaplan K-12 Educational Corporation
- Adjunct Professor of Graduate Level courses in School Administration at Concordia
Lisa enjoys spreading the word on what passion can do to inspire educators to stay committed to their work, even in the midst of challenging times. As a result of this passion, she founded a chat for New and Pre-Service Teachers on Twitter: #ntchat. The chat occurs every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 5PM PDT/8PM EDT. It’s supportive and practitioner focused with discussions that resonate with new teachers in the field. Visit this page to get all the info on New Teacher Chat.
Lisa has blogged for almost 7 years and consistently seeks to develop her skills as a writer. After a few years spent developing a book concept she’s excited to announce that her book for Corwin Press has launched and she joined the Corwin Connected Educator series. The title of her book is Standing in the Gap: Empowering New Teachers through Connected Resources. You can order it here. She will soon be releasing her next book with The Hack Learning Team. Stay Tuned!
Please subscribe to receive regular updates through email and if you have questions, or want to get in touch, email Lisa anytime at email@example.com with questions, ideas, or any feedback. She always loves to hear from her readers!