- To collaborate and find best practices
- To mentor and support new/pre-service teachers in K-12 and higher education institutes of learning worldwide for online and offline learning.
- To use the New Teacher Mentoring project to help you navigate through your first few years of teaching with a virtual mentor.
- To find support by following Lisa Dabbs on Twitter @teachingwthsoul and joining #ntchat.
- To subscribe to LisaDabbs.com and the New Teacher1stYear YouTube for updates on ways to support your practice.
Thank you for your interest in being part of the New Teacher Mentoring Project!
A: Google Doc with Mentor information (view only) All information on this G-doc is open to those who have the link so please be sure you have shared what you are comfortable with being public.
To become a mentor:
- If you are a teacher looking to mentor another please fill out this form Info Sheet for Mentor Program:interested mentors. )
- Your info will then be placed on public doc “A” above by Lisa Dabbs.)
- Look to be contacted to become a mentor to a new or pre-service teacher.
To find a mentor:
If you are a teacher looking for a mentor, WELCOME! We are happy to have you here!
- Search the Google Doc (same as A above) Google Doc with Mentor Information (view only)
- Find the member in this group that fits your needs and email them directly with the information they have provided.
- You are more than welcome to have more than one mentor!
- As of 2015…we will post a discussion topic in the New Teacher Google Community and FB group weekly/monthly to talk, exchange experiences, & provide resources.
Thanks for reaching out to seek support for your practice.
When you connect with a mentor, leave me a comment and let me know how it’s going!
Photo credit: jeff-bauche